In recent years, it has become apparent that a key benefit to be gained from enterprise architecture is the ability to support decision making in changing businesses.
The Top 25 Enterprise Architecture KPIs of 2011 - 2012 report contains a thorough analysis on the most popular enterprise architecture KPIs in 2011-2012, selected by the number of views they received from the smartKPIs.com community.
About Enterprise Architecture as an Industry
Enterprise Architecture sustains the organization to establish a decision framework that enables its various parts to articulate how information and technology can be used in the context of business strategy. KPIs refer to the role Enterprise Architecture plays in business development and the business methods used for assuring the organization's structure and processes are connected to the strategic objectives.
Enterprise Architecture sub-categories on smartKPIs.com are:
- Information Architecture
- Enterprise Arhitecture Compliance
- Enterprise Arhitecture Costs
- Business Planning
- IT Reliability
Highlights from the report
Top 25 Enterprise Architecture KPIs of 2011-2012 offers an overview of the most popular KPIs for enterprise architecture as an industry, by combining input from the smartKPIs.com community with research and analysis from the editorial team. Some of the main sections are:
- "KPIs ... Naturally", an article that sets the context through a discussion on what is old and what is new in the use of KPIs;
- An introduction to the custom KPI documentation form developed by the smartKPIs.com research team for documenting KPIs (with over 30 fields of data, making this the most thorough KPI documentation template in use today);
- A list with the names of the Top 25 Enterprise Architecture KPI examples in 2011-2012 on smartKPIs.com;
- Among the most popular 25 KPI examples for IT in 2011-2012, top 3 is made of:
- # System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) exceptions granted
- # Enterprise applications used per employee
- # Frequency of IT governance as an agenda item in the IT board meetings
- A detailed description of each KPI listed in the report, as documented in smartKPIs Premium (the premium content section of smartKPIs.com);
- Comprehensive insights on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as performance measurement tools and a glossary explaining the most popular terms characterizing KPIs.
"The Top 25 Call Center KPIs of 2010 helps in understanding all the performance measures which should be taken into account to optimize performance Scorecards with grading is another vital tool..."
Jacob Brown, United States
"I have referred to a report from SmartKPIs for one of my assignments earlier and have found it very helpful."
Birju Sheth, India
- Collection of the most popular 25 enterprise architecture KPIs of 2011-2012;
- Thorough analysis of each KPI according to smartKPIs.com documentation form and standards;
- A valuable baseline resource to informing and addressing 2013 enterprise architecture performance management and measurement challenges.
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Executive Summary
- About Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- KPIs ... Naturally
- smartKPIs.com Community Profile
- 2011-2012 smartKPIs.com Functional Areas Taxonomy
- 2011-2012 smartKPIs.com Industries Taxonomy
- KPI Documentation form Explained
- Enterprise Architecture as an Industry
- Top 25 Enterprise Architecture KPIs of 2011-2012 List
- Appendix A: Related Reports
- Appendix B: Training courses
- Appendix C: Advisory services
- Appendix D: Technology solutions
- Appendix E: Glossary of terms